The Cecily Eastwood Zambian AIDS Orphans Appeal (‘Cecily’s Fund’) was established as a charity in the United Kingdom in 1998 to honor the memory of Cecily Eastwood who passed away on June 2nd, 1997.
Its mission is to help ensure that Zambian orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) can access education and peer health information to improve their chances of self-reliance. To achieve these objectives CF designs and finances programmes implemented by three Zambian non-governmental organisations.
Cecily’s Fund holds a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Education for its interventions in schools and colleges of education. The implementation of the programme in the Copperbelt region has been the responsibility of Afya Mzuri since the start of 2013.
The project is currently been implemented in the fifty-eight (58) government schools in Kitwe with 50% and 100% towards school tuition fees for Grade 8 to 12. The fund delivers the following:
- Administration fees for Grade 1 to 7
- Provision of school books for all the grades (Grade 1-12)
- Procurement of school shoes for more than half of the OVCs between Grade 1-12
- Procurement of school uniforms for half of the OVCs between Grade 1-12
- Procurement of pens and pencils for all the OVCs we support from Grade 1-12